A Proven Program
EmbarK12 has been successfully implemented in schools and homes across the country, including KinderCare Learning Centers. The award-winning program features 18 thematic units that address topics relevant to young children. Each thematic unit includes language arts, math, science, social studies, art, and music modules. Each module contains offline and online activities designed for implementation with large groups, small groups, pairs of students, or one-to-one use with a student and adult. Many activities include music, movement, and videos to keep children actively engaged while providing multi-sensory learning opportunities.
Aligned to Standards
EmbarK12 program is aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework, NAEYC Early Learning Standards, Common Core Standards for Kindergarten Mathematics and Language Arts, and state early learning standards (where available).
EmbarK12 reflects research-based guidelines from the National Association for the Education of Young Children, Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning and Children’s Media, National Research Council, National Reading Panel, National Math Panel, and the American Educational Research Association. The program embodies Developmentally Appropriate Practice (DAP) and supports recommendations from early learning experts regarding the use of technology and interactive media in early childhood settings.
How It Works
Young children delight in the world around them. They want to explore that world, express themselves, and connect with others. At the same time, they eagerly embrace exciting 21st-century technology. EmbarK12 effectively demonstrates a "break the mold" approach by skillfully integrating traditional pedagogy with digital interactivity. Robust technology tools empower teachers and parents with instructional options that motivate young children to keep coming back for more.
Designed for touchscreen interactivity and use with a computer and large whiteboard (if available), EmbarK12 engages young learners through captivating characters, delightful animation, audio narration, music, and movement. Concepts for early literacy, numeracy, and shared communication come alive through this user-friendly design, as onscreen experiences take children on adventures around the world.
"The EmbarK12 program enables our classrooms to become a place of adventure. Our teachers take children on a journey where they discover new ideas and concepts, develop critical thinking, and explore a whole new world together."
Manager, Education Programs
KinderCare Learning Centers
- The curriculum includes 18 themes relevant to young children, such as "Family and Friends," "My Five Senses," and "Looking at Animals."
- In each theme, the instructor and students explore six subjects: language arts, math, science, social studies, art, and music.
- Each subject comes alive through hundreds of online and offline activities that are designed to enhance group collaboration.
The program is flexible, so the instructors can decide which themes, subjects, and activities they would like to delve into, or they can follow the curriculum sequentially. See our course outline.
- Unique EmbarK12 flash cards that complement lessons provide visual cues for letters, words, numbers, shapes, colors, and more, as well as American Sign Language hand signs.
- Well-known children's books, such as Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? and The Little Engine That Could, help reinforce the concepts in each theme.
- Manipulatives help develop dexterity and strength in small hands and encourage kinesthetic learning.
|Learn Letters W and Y||Journey to The Letter Islands||Name That Animal!|
Shapes at Home
Spheres and Cubes
|The Human Heart||Seeds in Fruit||Sort Vehicles|
Senses Around the World
|What's Wrong Here?|
Art and Music
|Make a Shirt||Elephant Song||Funny Little Bug|
FuelEd offers three versions of the program:
- EmbarK12 Classroom
- EmbarK12 Comprehensive @Home
- EmbarK12 Online @Home