ELL Professional Development for Teachers
Fuel Education offers professional development for English Language Learners teachers that draws upon our more than a decade of experience in online and blended learning.
Our ELL professional development focuses on providing teachers with the tools, strategies, and best practices to use our ELL materials to support student learning in a blended environment. We offer a choice of delivery models that allow teachers to select the model that work best for them. All options provide the latest trends and research-based pedagogical principles along with strategies and best practices that teachers can implement immediately in their classrooms.
ELL Professional Development Models
We offer an enhanced package and supplemental modules. The enhanced package includes five modules:
- Getting Started: Based on the courses you pick, these modules will guide you through one unit of your selected Middlebury Interactive Languages course (4-5, 6-8 or 9-10) and provide information on course structure, as well as offering best practices and teaching strategies along the way.
- Blended ELL Learning Environment: Explore tools and strategies that support student learning in the blended learning classroom.
- Project-based Learning: Learn practical tools and strategies for using project and theme-based language learning options to support academic language development.
- Scaffolding & Differentiated Instruction with an Emphasis on Academic Language Proficiency: In this module, we will look at how the content in each of the MIddlebury Interactive courses is scaffolded. You will then learn differentiation strategies and techniques to further support vocabulary building and the four domains of listening, speaking, reading and writing with a focus on academic English (CALP) and literacy development.
- Optimal L2 Learning: What do ELLs need in order accelerate their language acquisition? Learn how to bring research-based, proven strategies and best practices in second language acquisition to your classroom.
Our supplemental modules can be substituted for topics in the enhanced package or purchased as additional professional development.
- Family Involvement and Community Connections: Learn tools and strategies for involving family and communities as partners to support student learning.
- 21st Century Learning and Teaching: Learn teaching strategies that will help your students build 21st century skills. Discover how to create opportunities for students to build real-world connections with those speaking other languages to support global thinking and develop social and cultural awareness.
- Best Practices for Content Teachers: Learn how to improve learning outcomes among non-native English Language Learners with academic English and literacy development through authentic grade level content and collaborative, project-based learning.
Professional Development Services
The ELL professional development offerings are part Fuel Education’s wide range of options designed to help those engaged with online or blended learning become more effective, whether they’re new to these types of programs, experienced online educators, or somewhere in between.
Our professional learning program includes hands-on training, support materials, and on-demand courses. We have a professional team dedicated to helping you identify the right model for you, and we’ll support you through every step of implementation. If you choose to use your own instructors with our curriculum, many of our training options are included as part of your partnership with Fuel Education, while others are offered at a nominal cost.