Inspiring Schools Honored by Fuel Education for Transforming Education through Digital Learning
Fuel Education’s Transformation Awards recognize five schools and districts using online and blended learning to solve educational challenges and better prepare students for the future
Herndon, Virginia, August 23, 2017 — Schools across the country are finding inventive ways to use online and blended learning programs to meet diverse student needs. The Fuel Education® Transformation Awards program celebrates those schools, districts, or organizations that are transforming the way teachers teach and students learn using digital learning solutions.
Fuel Education (FuelEd®) is pleased to announce that the 2017 Transformation Award winners are:
- Baltimore County Public Schools (Md.) – for blending online and face-to-face instruction to create an engaging Spanish experience through its Passport Program.
- Ector County Independent School District (Texas) – for using supplemental, rewards-based learning to help close the student achievement gap for students with special needs, English Language Learners, transient students, and more.
- Hermiston School District (Ore.) – for expanding course offerings, fostering independence, and meeting unique student needs by blending and flipping instruction in a comprehensive high school.
- Uplift California (Calif.) – for creating the opportunity for high school dropouts ages 16-24 to earn a high school diploma while completing courses toward a comprehensive career path.
- West Ada School District (Idaho) – for giving students a second chance to earn their high school diploma in a flexible learning environment.
“These schools and districts have taken a fresh look at student challenges and have identified inspiring, new ways to use online learning to create impactful programs,” said Sean Ryan, General Manager of FuelEd. “FuelEd strives to provide the tools to help every student succeed, regardless of their specific needs. But let’s be clear, it is the innovative school leaders who ensure student success.”
This year’s award recipients were selected from a pool of districts and schools with different demographic, economic, and geographic backgrounds, representing a wide range of student needs. The Transformation Award winners’ programs demonstrated creativity and resourcefulness in developing new ways to address certain challenges, such as providing students with the means to earn a high school diploma after dropping out, learn a foreign language, recover credits, prepare for the workforce, or achieve a variety of other academic goals. Each program uses FuelEd’s portfolio of online learning solutions to provide students expanded options, flexibility, and personalized learning.
For details about this year’s winners, their programs, and how they are using FuelEd solutions, visit http://resources.fueleducation.com/transformation-award-winners.
About Fuel Education
Fuel Education® partners with school districts to fuel personalized learning and transform the education experience inside and outside the classroom. The company provides innovative solutions for pre-K through 12th grade that empower districts to implement successful online and blended learning programs. Its open, easy-to-use Personalized Learning Platform, PEAK™, enables teachers to customize courses using their own content, FuelEd courses and titles, third-party content, and open educational resources. Fuel Education serves more than 2,000 school districts, offering one of the industry’s largest catalogs of K–12 digital curriculum, certified instruction, professional development, and educational services. To learn more, visit fueleducation.com and Twitter.
©2017 Fuel Education LLC. All rights reserved. Fuel Education, FuelEd, and Stride are trademarks of Fuel Education LLC or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.